Friday, December 7, 2007

Raindrops and roses...


I'm eating chocolate and spoonfuls of frosting for dinner.

Really.

A lot has been going on in life (the bf's more so than mine) and meals haven't been the biggest priority. For the most part, I swallow everything in sight, especially at work. Gingerbread cookies in the kitchen, leftover Specialty's scones from a meeting, stale donuts from a pink box. You name it. This disgusting habit's primarily due to stress -- says all who are fat in this world.

I get my dose of chaos at work daily, and I'm feeling lost in the home front. When I try to put things into perspective, there seems nothing more I can do but be hopeful. A person who believes in faith would pray. And I'm not sure if I know to do that. What do people do in moments like these?

Remembering The Sound of Music, the movie I watched a million times as a child, I wondered if there's something to be said about that song. The one that goes:

Raindrops and roses and whiskers of kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Brown paper packages tied up with string. These are a few of my favorite things. When the dogs bites. When the bee stings. When I'm feeling sad. I simply remember a few of my favorite things. And then I don't feel... so bad...

I wish it really were that easy.

Sometimes it's not just a dog bite. And even when it is, no one sings. I know.

Even so, I'm going to have to give it a shot.

1 comment:

agrasshopper said...

Some of my favourites:

A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down...the medicine go dooooooown, the medicine go down!

And of course!

I am sixteen, going on seventeen...lalalalalalaa........ — I remember I can't wait till I turn sixteen and so I could sing this song as I please.

Ah!