Friday, September 7, 2007

Day 2 1/2 in Seattle



We started the day at the Army Surplus store in Belltown after a lot of convincing from the bf. This is by far the biggest army surplus store I've ever seen in the U.S. The guys who worked there were really sweet and knowledgeable -- making the experience worthwhile. As the bf rummaged and reminisced, I fooled around with the camera.

Lentil stew: a gift from the people of the United States of America.
I can only imagine these falling from the sky by the boxfuls







Then we headed to the pier for a typical Northwestern brunch:






Crab cakes with plum sauce


Crab and shrimp sandwich with cheddar


Garlic toasts


Our lousy shot of the lousy Space Needle. Whoops. Did I say that out loud? Yeah, it wasn't too impressive.


This sign however, gave us more pleasure than our $150 meal on the Needle


Shopping in Seattle only began Fremont. This was a pretty stool in 1 of the stores. Fremont has a few unique boutiques scattered within a triangular space, and they're not unlike some in the Hayes or Mission areas


I almost got the ruffly wool McQ top on the left but there was a teeny hole on it :(
People, please be careful when trying on clothes!
This picture was taken because the cloth matched my bag


The adorable bf playing with an adorable kitty in an affordable vintage store


Toy stove I wanted as a jewelry box


Got the bf a t-shirt, some vintage earrings and buttons




We love stopping to play with animals


We love stopping for food even more


This place has the Sushi King/Genki Sushi pay by the plate concept which I absolutely adore



Picked this up from the ground






This was me smiling before eating the unbearably disgusting $10 phad thai


This was the conference hall at our hotel. I had requested a super hero pose but there were too many business folks watching


"Spoils" of the day


Nites


Despite dinner, we slept well because that's the whole idea of this vacation -- to release stress.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jen, your dress is soooo pretty :P

Danielle Bumblebee said...

thanks :) it's from bcbg and is 1 of my most un-regrettable splurges..