Friday, August 10, 2007

Wanted: an ounce of positivism


Overheard on a 3-hr delayed flight :

"Hi. How are you doing? Good. Things are going fairly well. Hey, there's been a slight turn of events here. Our flight from LA to SF has been delayed an hour and a half, and we're probably going to miss our following flight from SF to Bedford. But
that flight has been canceled so I guess we'll just have to rent a car. Alright buddy. I'll keep you updated as we go along."

I don't know why, but I didn't handle the situation the same way. Instead all I could think of was how I managed to refrain from strangling the United Airways lady at the counter - even though I know it's not her fault. What I said on the phone was: "Hon, the flight has been f'kin delayed. First 1 hr then 3! Can you believe it? I f'kin hate United. Ugh. Why did I not fly from Burbank? Do you think it would've made a difference? Ugh. I'm SO annoyed! F'ck f'ck f'ck! Going to read some magazines now. Talk later"