Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sleeper film romance

Image courtesy of TheNotebookMovie.com


I watched The Notebook again today. Can’t tell you how much this movie affected me. The first time I watched it through Comcast On Demand, what went on in my mind was:
“Yuck. Ooo! Aah. Umm Cheesy. Sigh. Swoon. Ok cut the cheeseball. Gag. Sniff. Aww. Wow! Sigh.”

So there you go ladies and gentlemen, a quick summary of The Notebook. I’m no fan of B-grade movies (am I being too harsh?) or cheeseball moments but I do love simple romance. And this, my friend, is nothing more than simple romance. Watch the trailer here. I don’t think it does the movie justice. My advice to you when you do decide to watch this is to fast forward grandpa and grandma’s convo then skip straight to how the lovebirds met. Rachel McAdams is a sweetheart and Ryan Gosling is her perfect match – so much so that they got together real life after filming this. I don’t follow celebrity news mind you, but it’s a habit of mine to look actors up after every movie. Ahem.

What can I say? I’m in love.

No comments: