Saturday, March 31, 2007

Anthropologie-nspiration



I made a trip to Anthropologie with my camera to give you an idea of what I’ve been raving about. Every time I step into this place I feel like Alice in Wonderland. The ambience is so dreamy I concluded that this is where I will get inspiration for my baking, card-making and decorating. Not Starbucks nor Café Les Deux Magots but Anthropologie. After only about 8 snapshots, a salesperson (Cheshire cat) came up to me and said sheepishly, “I’m really sorry but we don’t allow pictures in here due to the visual stuff.” I smiled, slightly guilty, and tucked my camera into my handbag. Thank goodness I already got the kitchen/bedroom shots.

The next hour was spent taking mental notes on what was pretty and wasn’t. I couldn’t afford anything in the store this time and secretly wished I could make my own dresses. The cloth selection in this country, although expensive, can get really tempting. And if I pick a design from any one of the 1000 dresses in here, I could be a little Anthropologie princess myself. Too bad I just don’t have the patience.

My last resort? Bargain-shopping. Just cause you can’t buy stuff from Anthropologie, doesn’t mean you can’t find Anthropologie-like stuff elsewhere right? Guess where the dress I’m wearing is from? Picture above.


Eco-sphere: a complete miniature world $128


Pretty blue dress with a bright orange sash


Princess & the pea bed. I want!


The bf resting. Cushions on his lap


3 crooked frames


Candles & scents


Bed/bathroom section. Check out the comb display


My dream kitchen


I reign & I am queen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danielle, its been great to see you at lunch these past few days. You gotta stop offering to pay though! Look forward to seeing you next week.

Danielle Bumblebee said...

Dan I know it's you. Chris knows it's you. Stop pretending that I'm in LOVE with you :P

You're supposed to guess where I got my dress from not fool around... Gee