- I am no longer the only one who runs on the floor
- Foreign conference calls are twice as long and twice as hard to comprehend
- Bagel Mondays cease to exist
- ...or free (skim/2%) milk for that matter
- People are generally friendly even though they may look reserved at times
- Polycom triangles are hard to come by
- Lunch selections do not limit to salads, juice or frozen meals. There's always food in the area
- I genuinely miss my Herman Miller chair
- ...and spreading my arms out on my work area. Where's the space??!
- I don't think my request for ergonomical equipment will fly
- No other agency will have a stationery heaven like the one at Publicis on The Embarcadero
- It's not a nonfat half-caf vanilla latte at Starbucks. It's, "Could you make a nonfat vanilla latte (yes nonfat) and make the coffee HALF DECAF and HALF REGULAR please?"
- What's with the old dude constantly lecturing us young folks?
- Some people wear shorts to work
- ...and halter tops, tank tops, tube tops and the occasional mini skirt
- My desk is SUPER teeny. Oh did I say that already?
- Commuting on the train ain't as romantic as it seems in the NYC movies. Who the hell wears heels on public transportation anyways? Don't be fooled. Think BO
- My PC is slow as mollasses
Saturday, September 27, 2008
3 days into my 1st job in Asia
...my observations confirm that: