Monday, June 23, 2008

Is this London?



Or is
this London?


Drinking GBP6 shots at Pangaea


Ghetto dancing


Having your picture taken by random men dancing on tables


Taking a picture with a random man dancing on tables


Walking out of the club to see drunkards throwing up


Finding yourself in a familiar place -
Hey wasn't I just here yesterday?


Burning the alcohol away at the ever so nostalgic 97


Taking silly shots in the hotel elevator


...and waking up the next day hoping no one was looking through CCTV


When I wasn't crazy, mostly during the day, I spent time exploring neighborhoods:


This trail started at Chalk Farm Road where Camden Market and Camden Lock are. I arrived only to find that it's not my scene (at all) but can certainly see the appeal for tourists (?)


Punk rockers on the bridge


Indian fast food for lunch


The trail did however, lead me to a pleasant discovery...


Melrose & Morgan: kinda like Boulette's Larder with a British touch


There I got myself a slice of treacle tart, something I've always read about in Enid Blyton's books but never tried. It's sticky, slightly grainy and has a rich golden syrup flavor. With each bite comes an aftertaste of fresh lemon. Delish!


Finally at the end of the trail, I found myself on Abbey Road where The Beatles walked. Traffic was so heavy it was impossible to take a good Beatle-like shot. I guess you gotta be a Beatle to do what they did


The V&A Museum where I got this poster


I love historical museums and especially loved this place for its focus on art. In a week, I managed to do 3 museums. When asked if she wanted to go to one with me, my sister winced and said, "Are you serious? You're sooo boring" Tsk. Teenagers


The dress I loved most in the fashion section of the museum was dated 2005 by Chloe. So much for being historically inclined


Portobello road, Portobello road
Street where the riches of ages are stowed.
Anything and everything a chap can unload
Is sold off the barrow in Portobello road.
You’ll find what you want in the Portobello road.


I spent a lot of time rummaging through racks and racks of vintage clothing in Portobello Market. What I did end up with were treats from Myla, a few handmade clothing and a Hummingbird Bakery cupcake


What I liked most about this place was the lack of pretentious air. How often does one walk into a store only to be told "No cameras allowed!" Here there was none of that. The baker with a pink scarf on her head was waving to customers from the kitchen as she frosted cupcakes. The cupcakes themselves were as good cupcakes are: moist and sweet (unlike this one)



Next post will be on the little sister's visit.

No comments: