Saturday, April 12, 2008

I gave up something very dear to me today


In the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal. But despite knowing that in the back of my mind, it still stung pretty bad.

Stings.

Friday night. No one's on IM and nothing's happening on Facebook's News Feed. Here I am in my apt, snuggled up on the couch with 3 fleece blankets, the smell of toasted almonds wafting from the kitchen. I have Peter Jackson's King Kong playing on mute, and Jay Chou's playing on iTunes. Every 5 minutes my eyes turn to the scattered Japanese magazines on the floor right next to the silk dress I wore 2 days ago. Whose house is this anyway??! Who have I become?

A box of Zyrtec sits on the Eames era table 5 feet away. They're too far to reach. But I guess it's ok to sneeze once in a while.

Such a dreary night, and all that keeps playing on my mind are the following lines:

跟魚相愛
Ocean bird and fish are in love

只是一意外
This is accidental


Poor King Kong