Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Paula Deen's gonna kill me


I've been on house arrest for the most part this weekend. A terrible cold has forced me to stay between the sheets (3 sheets to be exact), and when I did feel a slight moment of healthiness or strength, I literally ran out of my apt to hit the sales at Neiman's, Bloomie's and Barney's forgetting to get food. Talk about priorities.

So here I am on the last day of my long weekend feeling slightly better, still starved, and still generally under the weather, watching The Food Network. Nothing like self torture.

Barefoot Contessa was ok with her wholesome pea soup and roasted red pepper with goat cheese sandwich. Who goes crazy over pea soup anyway? Mario Batali talks too much. Giada. Well I don't remember what she made cause I just couldn't stop staring at her pretty face and awesome kitchenware. Yes, I'm gay like that.

What really caught my eye was Paula Deen's Chicken Florentine. With its crisp crumb and cheese topping concealing a creamy chicken spinach casserole, I was drooling before she even got to her cheese dill corn muffins. Mind you, I don't usually watch Paula especially not when I know her dessert recipes were designed to kill. But this dish! It's like frozen food (think frozen Marie Callender's) made from scratch! Yum. Am I suffering from delusion, staring at an oasis that isn't what it seems? Regardless, I looked up the recipe to find my accusations validated. It's a killer. Whether or not the word "killer" here is used as a positive or negative, I can't quite tell.

1 cup mayo. 1 cup sour cream. TWO cups cheddar. 1/2 cup parmesan. 2 cups cream of mushroom soup.

Unless I'm 6'10 and a basketball player in training, there is NO way I can digest this stuff. Still I'm going to make it when the bf comes back

:)

No comments: