Wednesday, October 17, 2007

LA in Oct


You know you're getting old when you're tired as hell from traveling on a whim. It's been 2 days since we got back from LA and I still feel like gramps. What are we going to do now that we can't handle cheap early bird flights? Dammit.

There aren't many pictures from this trip, but you have to trust me when I say we contributed to a fair share of LA's dining taxes.


A very Virgin welcome


A very cranky bf


Mood lighting on the plane


The bf all decked out with his iPod gear


Virgin America's in-flight entertainment unit "Red" was pretty rad. I would've chatted with other passengers on the plane but god knows better than to do that at 6AM in the morning. The bf sent me a message I'm resisting from sharing with the public. It's so vulgar it made me roll on the ground laughing (seat belt tightened and all, of course)


Upon arrival, we stopped by at Livie's office in Santa Monica. The room is huge


And yes, she was working on a Saturday


Breakfast at Jinkie's while Livie worked


The bf's La Fonda omelette. Gotta love the name


...and my Huevos Rancheros. Anything with melted cheese in the morning is good


Macaroon-tasting in the afternoon. This was 1 of the highlights of our trip. More on that in another entry


Checking out Livie's new digs


Our favorite boys


Guess whose mess?


Livie came back from a gala tribute to Julia Roberts the night before with a goodie bag filled with these! As bestfriend, I got to take all the chocolate stuff home with me (also cause Livie's allergic!). Yum!


Dinner in Tokyo town where I used to hang out with kids from USC


Livie's konyaku-jelly-like pasta with seafood




The bf's katsu hamburger curry


Keema curry for me. The hard boiled egg has a surprise raw yolk within


Quick PM trip to LBC


Hotpot




The bf stocked up on snacks at Nijiya while I, Valrhona from Surfas. That's pretty much it for now. I gotta get some work done before hitting the sack.

Meanwhile, hugs and kisses to all for your support on Macarune!


5 comments:

jmeei said...

Is that a doberman??? I can't really tell from the pic...

And is that a light tan I see :D

Danielle Bumblebee said...

he's a big n clumsy chocolate lab.. but really good-looking and grand when he's not tripping over himself..

n yes! i did get a tan.. that's the most i can do since it's raining in sf now :(

okwang83 said...

come back NOW! i miss you guys already!

Anonymous said...

ROAR...WHAT IS THIS ABOUT GETTING A TAN? $@$@%(@#%@(&! RAWR RAWR RAWR

Danielle Bumblebee said...

liv: let's go for a spa vacation!