Monday, September 24, 2007

Rojac wedding




The bf and I went to our first Indian/Chinese wedding reception last night. We were psyched getting gifts for Jackie and Rohit's big day and even more psyched when guests started flocking in in their brightly-colored attires. Mesmerized by saris with neatly sewn sequins, gold threading and chiffon scarfs, I felt so under dressed in my clinch-waist floral dress. I really gotta get myself 1 of those.

Being strangers to everyone at the wedding but the bride and groom, Chris and I discussed our dream weddings standing by the bar, mango lassis in our hands. His involves gadgets and flip flops while mine, a simple pre-designed ivory Vera Wang. We missed the PM wedding where Rohit arrived on a horse. Talk about a grand entrance. This in addition to what we experienced all night made the bf repeatedly say, "I wish I were born Indian."


Milpitas India Community Center where the reception was held


Mandatory photo under the golden arch


Wed Snoopies




Chaat, chai and more


Asians licking Ganesh. Something's not right about this pic


Me and my mango lassi


Cocktail reception satay, chaat and curry puff


Highlight of the evening


At the bride and groom's table


At Chris and Danielle's table


Yum!


This kid has rocking socks


It's obvious I don't take good care of my figure. 3 plates of dessert! Repeatedly. I promise I'll be healthy starting tomorrow


My first plate
Clockwise from left: mango pudding, strawberry dipped in chocolate, nutty Indian sweet, milky Indian sweet, fruit tart and mini eclair


Chris' dessert plate with half of my choices (that just wouldn't fit on mine)



Jackie wore 3 dresses in 1 night: a Cheongsam, a heavily embroidered Indian dress, and this cocktail number


Wedding favors


Wedding gift from the SF Moma
Matching dinner bowls and chopsticks imported from Japan symbolizing more dinners together in the many years to come




No comments: