Saturday, June 30, 2007

The National show at Bimbo's 365




That's where the bf and I were last Wednesday.


One word: sublime.

I liked the opening band (The Broken West)
and looooved The National. Don't tell the bf, but I think I can see myself marrying any one of the members. Especially since they were yuppies before. I mean I've only played a recorder in 1st grade, but THAT (yuppie-ism) is something we have in common! How bout an uber talented Hobbit-like (in a strangely attractive way) guitarist? There are 2 to pick from. Brothers you see. Or the "cool dude" in the aviator glasses. Yum. Drummer? Everybody loves a drummer.

Ok
I'm not myself.


See the lead singer in the video? We were standing right in front of (or beneath) him, leaning against the stage. Aside from the noisy LA dude whose breath reeked of ciggies and the pretty dumb blond "hair-twirler" who squeezed her boobs right into everyone's faces, it was a great show.

And they ALL wore Diesel jeans.


No comments: