Sunday, November 8, 2009

Dorie's chocolate chunkers




It's possible that these don't look it, but they're simply the most indulgent cookies I've ever made.

13 whole ounces of Valrhona chocolate, chunks of Ghiradelli white chocolate, cups full of imported pecans and raisins followed by dashes of Spanish sea salt, I reckon they cost at least $3 a piece. Good thing they're scrumptious. Slight crisp on the outside with a fudgy brownie-like center and surprises with every bite.


Recipe from Dorie Greenspan's book, "Baking From My Home to Yours." Gotta love Dorie's recipes.


This past week, while researching Facebook fan pages at work, I stopped by the Macarune fan page and saw the saddest notification ever. There were no interactions on the page (not surprising considering how the last update was in June!) and worse, my Macarune post quality was a big fat zero with 1 of 5 stars grayed out! So as respect to Macarune's fans and supporters, I shall be updating the page with news and photos soon.

If you're not already a fan, be one now!



No comments: