Sunday, December 16, 2007

Bah humbug


Home alone on a Saturday night with nowhere to go and no one to go with...

I just completed what seemed like the 100th batch of macaroons today. With Sex and the City playing on my faithful notebook atop the kitchen counter, it wasn't too bad. What happens though, when I get to season 6? Will I move on to The Sopranos? Or should I scour the On Demand channels for new movies? I feel so lost, overwhelmed, and alone.

Errands take twice the time to run. And cabbing has left a big hole my wallet. It's been 3 years since I've been in an empty apartment without the bf, not counting his short business trips, and I'm still getting used to it. As much as I've done this past month, I don't think I've figured out how to do them efficiently enough. I haven't bought a single gift, completed my Macarune orders, or even come close to packing for LA. With ALL that's happening, I'm just not sure I'm doing Christmas this year.

Still, it doesn't mean I can't enjoy the sweetest little things others do that remind me of the season.


My first Christmas gift: caramel and chocolate dipped pretzels - check out the teeny sugar snowman


Cookies I brought home from Laura and Rachel's cookie-decorating party. This is the neatest idea for a party ever. Trays and trays of sugar cookies to decorate and not to mention, free flow of apple cider, eggnog and Sam Adam's. I was in heaven until...


...this happened. The murder of my girl cookie. Someone bit off her innocent little head taking away her brunette locks and Sno-cap eyes. Matt with the Sierra Nevada sweatshirt -- I got my eye on you


The murderer, also got away with vandalism of my favorite ornament. Oh well - it was a swell party anyways


Happy Holidays everyone...

No comments: