Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Fattie from the get go


We watched Shrek the Third today, and it was a let down as expected. Choppy, random and abrupt. It was as though a bunch of Dreamworks people got baked in a room and made this movie. Regardless, I got excited when I saw the gingerbread man and his gum drop buttons (and the trailer for Ratatouille).

This made me realize how as a child, I was always drawn to books where illustrations of food were in abundance. Alice in Wonderland – huge tea party spread. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe – toasts and tea at the stag’s home. Enid Blyton everything – ’nuff said. So I told Livie, and her response was “Huh. Fattie from the get go.” Once again, I can’t disagree.





2 comments:

jmeei said...

OH I know what you mean- only that I would even pore over the description of the food, imagining myself having it... My favourite book was the Magic Stone haha. Plenty of foodstuffs!

And the Simpsons picture's so cute! You're like part of the family, hehe :D

Danielle Bumblebee said...

The Magic Stone? Now I've GOT to read that..

Hope you're feeling better about everything..