Thursday, February 22, 2007

Two nights in Singapore


It's been 15 years since the last time I was here. Frankly I can't remember the last trip except for the loud music my dad blasted during our three-hour car ride and the fried rice with bright-colored ingredients at our first hawker stall.

This time it's different cause I'm staying with the bf, and meeting the rest of his extended family during my short stay. My parents insisted they drive down with me for a mini getaway during this holiday season, so here I am with mom, dad, small sis, and the even smaller sis. The anxiety of the inevitable meeting of these two sets of parents didn't hit me until we arrived. So I've been a little edgier than usual and anxious pretty much all day long. Definitely got this from my mom because everything went right (originally I typed wrong, till I did a spellcheck), but I just don't feel relaxed despite how everyone hit it off really well. Why??!

I'll have pics to show once we get home. But they're mostly of my sisters bickering in the car, or sleeping on each others shoulders. Kudos to the bf for dealing with these inexplainable concerns.

No comments: